1 medium heart, rinsed and cut into cubes
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
1 cup water
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Flop the heart bits around in flour until evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a covered pan on medium heat.
- Fry the pieces of heart until browned. Upon placing the meat into the pan, it should sizzle slightly. If it does not, the oil is not hot enough.
- Stir in onions and water. Season with salt minced garlic.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and allow it to sit for 2 to 3 hours, or until the meat is very tender. Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.
The ‘Heart’ can be any medium-to-large mammal. I prefer Beef or venison, but to each their own.
Stay classy, you beautiful motherfucker.